My favorite Decepticon, hands down, is the traitorous, treacherous, sniveling second-in-command: Starscream. My road to Starscream perfection - Masterpiece-style - has been rocky. It started with the Walmart edition of Masterpiece MP03, which was replaced by the Toys R Us edition of MP11 a decade later. Shortly afterwards, various KO companies copied MP11 and I finally thought I settled on the Yes Model version of Starscream... That was until I recently got Maketoys' built-from-scratch version of Starscream, Meteor. Following Takara's recent path of animation accuracy, this new Starscream looks like he flew right out of the 1984 cartoon!
Jet mode is cartoon beauty! Unapologetically comfortable with taking liberties from the real world jet, Starscream again captures the cartoon look perfectly. Gone are the radar dish in the nosecone, pilot in cockpit, and many of the other real world details of previous releases.
Overall, I think all the extra plane "junk" has been minimized.
I 100% heartily recommend replacing any MP03 or MP11 if your funds allow it. This really is an enormous step up from previous figures.
- Great cartoon accurate sculpt. Really looks good under normal lighting.
- Articulation good. Starscream can kick forward!
- Creamy paint and vibrant red look fantastic.
- Dark face plus smaller head make emotion hard to see on face.
- None of the expected "standard" accessories: cape, shoulder pads, crown.