Shouting 'Cowabunga' as they hit the ground.
From the field of weeds the heroes rescued the flower
'cause they possessed Turtle Power.
T-U-R-T-L-E Power. T-U-R-T-L-E Power. T-U-R-T-L-E Power.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Heroes on the half shell, they're on a mission.
When there's a battle got the enemy wishing that they stayed at home instead of
fightin' these Ninja Masters with moves like lightnin'.
They were once normal but now they're mutants.
Splinter's the teacher so they are the students.
with one other fellow, Raphael.
These Ninjas are into pepperoni and cheese."
These are awesome figures. I've been waiting almost 30 years for these figures. I drooled with envy at the pictures and sight of the 18" movie turtles, but had no place for them in my collection. This set is 7", and fit far better in my collection.
Paint is fantastic, looking as good as the on set costumes. Articulation is really good with no locked joints for once and no loose hip swivels! Plastic doesn't feel chalky or too soft. Can it be that NECA finally learned?! These really do feel premium!
Hopefully NECA releases auxiliary characters such as Splinter for the various sets they've released over the years. They've already shown some extra badguys for the arcade set, and they have released April and Mousers for the Mirage set. Can we get a Splinter and Casey Jones for the movie set? Maybe with some Secret of the Ooze mall battle accessories? Time will tell!
If you weren't lucky enough to score this set at Comic Con or via the brief sales on the Neca Store, chances of grabbing a set of these are slim unless you are willing to shell out major cash. In hand, however, these really are amazing.
Edit: These have been announced as a Gamestop release in North America, as single boxed figures.
So until next time... Go ninja Go ninja GO!
Hahahahaha! I made a funny!
- Great sculpts. All four turtles look like their movie counterparts perfectly.
- Articulation good. Can achieve most of the poses the stuntmen achieved wearing the 200lb suits from the movies.
- Paint very well done. Easily NECA's best figures yet.
- Nice amount of accessories.
- VHS box art is awesome.
- No display stands for the figures. Even manhole covers with pegs would be nice.
- No alternate faces. I want Mikey's smug "Keep practicing!" face.
- A few extra accessories would have been nice. Mikey's hand with the nunchuck balanced on the finger for example.