The Transformation is tough. Lots of rotating, and barely sliding past narrow tolerances. Nothing felt like it was going to break, other than my fingertips. Truck mode could be also called brick mode, because everything tabs in TIGHT and all the weight is centered. It could definitely be used as a home security device.
the trailer just sits on top. Effective.
- Great use of diecast metal. Adds stability and balance to the figure without needless weight.
- Cartoon accurate Matrix chamber.
- Extremely cartoon accurate look makes it the best Prime for toon accurate figures like Megatron, Sunstreaker, and 3P like Maketoys Downbeat and Meteor.
- Butterfly joints in shoulders allow two-handed rifle poses.
- All panels firmly lock into place. No gaps when finished.
- Tabs can be difficult to release. Delicate use of tools recommended.
- No ab crunch for crouching poses.
Face is painted a light grayish white, more like Season 3, compared to the darker gray of seasons 1 & 2. Head not 1986 Movie accurate.2.0 upgrade fixes this.
- Floppy transformation. If everything isn't perfectly aligned during the steps, tabs won't line up and it cannot be transformed.
- Ratchets could use more teeth so there would be more posing options available.