Transform Element. I was originally going to pass on MP44, but I'm really glad I didn't. From a pure sculpt standpoint, they are very similar. MP44's backpack is a tad unsightly from certain angles, but TE's flat back is equally unsettling. Articulation on MP44 blows away TE. He can achieve far more natural looking poses. Truck mode is very similar. Both lock into fairly solid red bricks. MP44 wins just because he has the trailer. TE has a slightly more enjoyable transformation, which isn't saying much because it's also a tedious mess.
For those thinking of updating from MP10, it's not an absolute, but there are some significant advantages. MP44 meshes with other recent Masterpieces more than his older version. He definitely has better proportions and really accurate season 1/2 and movie heads depending on your mood. Biggest upgrade from MP10 is the huge improvement in the legs. MP10, however, is a lot more fun to transform.
- Beautiful sculpt. Extremely cartoon accurate.
- Tons of accessories. Recreate all your favorite G1 scenes.
- Switching hands/heads/accessories is smooth. Everything pops on and off in seconds.
- Transformation is a pure headache. Nothing fun about it.
- Care is needed with mini-figures and Prime's knees. They are fragile.